Friday, September 17, 2010

Help I own a put somebody through the mill give or take a few my Dell Latitude CPi?

Ok here is the promise. My friend gave me her elderly Dell Latitude CPi laptop. She said the thing be too old and could go and get it too work. Well recently , I enjoy gotten it to work somewhat. I defragmented it, cleaned up the registry, ran virus, spyware, worm and adware software. The CPU usage be 100% but after all of that I get it down to between 4 and 12 %. The thing individual has 5.6 Gigs of harddrive space contained by it and 4.5 of those gigs are used up...I checked and there are virtually no other files on within. So whats eating up adjectives the memory, besides the factory software thats on it (i.e the os and such). Im going to try and get on the internet near it today. Thanks guys!

Help I own a put somebody through the mill give or take a few my Dell Latitude CPi?

Is the drive 5.6 GB capacity, or to be exact just the dividing wall you're in? Unless you own re-partitioned and re-formatted the drive, likely nearby is a hidden divider where Dell stores system tools, installation and reclamation files.

You may also want to set up Explorer to display system and hidden files. (Explorer, Tools, Option, View). This route you should be able to see folders and files that are usually hidden from landscape.

Lastly, you may want to check the size of your virtual memory. (Control Panel, System, Advanced Options, Performance, Configuration, Advanced Options, Virtual Memory, Change). I would set it to about twice the physical memory contained by BOTH the maximum and minimum.

Hope this helps.

The answers post by the user, for information one and only, RunQA.com does not guarantee the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment